Raise operational standards and customer loyalty.
“Greater than huge” describes the proliferation of SKUs in the automotive industry. Distribution operations must deliver these parts pronto – to retailers, repair shops and to consumers. Nobody wants to wait. Out-of-stocks are not tolerated. To provide excellent customer service, distribution operations must achieve the highest levels of accuracy, operational efficiency and precision performance.
And there’s the challenge of balancing service with increased costs. Smaller orders are turning once-per-week replenishment into a daily occurrence, with more frequent runs that can dramatically increase labor and transportation costs. Distribution centers need real-time access to other supply chain data, including sales forecasts and fulfillment plans, which can empower them to properly align personnel allocations with customer demand and avoid overtime.
Advance the customer experience with Voxware® VMS.
Improve customer loyalty and your profitability with Voxware’s proven voice and augmented reality (AR) capabilities.
- Near-perfect accuracy. Easily achieve 99.9+% picking accuracy and provide customers with the kind of service levels that generate lifetime loyalty, including same-day deliveries.
- Efficiency even in harsh environments. Voice recognition is not a problem, even in the noisiest facilities. Using Voxware VMS, selectors work fast and hands-free on a variety of tasks: receive, put away, move, cycle count, replenishment, pick, pick and pass, pack and load.
- Flexibility to use multiple modalities. Voxware’s Augmented Reality (AR) technology brings voice and scanning together with vision and image/video capture, allowing employees to use and/or combine the right technology matched to the specific task at hand. Learn more.
- Agile fulfillment. Collapse the time between order and delivery so that retailers can prevent stock-outs and online shoppers receive parts as quickly as possible.
- Support for customers' business models. Employ omni-channel fulfillment, including timely deliveries to do it yourselfers (DIY) and the "do it for me" market.
- Fast adaptability. Quickly integrate your voice solution and accommodate changes across WMS, facilities, hardware, and processes to keep up with a rapidly evolving industry.
Drive real-time supply chain decisions with Intellestra®.
Give managers and supervisors a real-time view of data from diverse supply chain sources.
- Single platform insights. Easily see sales forecasts, labor allocations, transportation data, shipping manifests, proofs of delivery and more, all in one place. Better resolve issues such as the labor resources needed to handle this season's increases in batteries or de-icers.
- Ready accessibility. Decision makers at all levels of the enterprise can access and benefit from data never before available. For example, transportation managers can combine live traffic feeds with real-time delivery data and dynamically reroute drivers to meet sudden changes in demand.
- Descriptive analytics. By analyzing supply chain events, you can learn exactly what occurred, such as costly outages and overages, and why they happened so you can avert future problems or make timely improvements.
- Streamlined predictive modeling. Based on previous order patterns, you can predict future fulfillment requirements and make business decisions accordingly. For example, you can model several scenarios of where specific SKUs should be slotted in the warehouse and choose the most efficient locale to help drive on-time deliveries and meet daily targets.
SCM World, The Chief Supply Chain Officer Report 2014:
- 64%of supply chain executives
consider big data analytics
a disruptive and important
What makes our solutions different?
Simply put, Voxware solutions enable you to deliver more accurately and adapt more efficiently by having essential information,
exactly when and where you need it.
“We like Voxware’s approach to configuring interfaces, because it enables us to use Voxware VMS with different WMS applications used by our different companies.”
Richard Cooke, Supply Chain Manager