Customer Support Engineer - Level I
Location: Princeton, NJ or Waltham, MA
Voxware® is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Customer Support Engineer. This position can be based at either of Voxware’s U.S. office locations.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who understands the importance of our customers. You should be patient, creative and have top notch communication skills. The main responsibility of this position is to provide first level software support to Voxware customers, and partners. You will be required to acquire and maintain knowledge of Voxware’s products, as well as current PC software and hardware standards in order to properly troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues. Additionally, you will be required to keep customers fully informed during the lifecycle of assigned support cases. All actions taken or pending must be recorded within the Voxware Support Case Tracking System.
- Answer inbound calls to Customer Support and provide first level assistance
- Respond appropriately to emails sent to Voxware Customer Support
- Escalate to Manager or Second Level Support when necessary
- Adhere to established case tracking procedures
- Maintain professional and courteous communication at all times
- Maintain appropriate level of technical knowledge
- Be available to assist other team members when necessary
- Participate in after hours on call rotation within six months of hire
- Minimum two years experience in IT with emphasis on software customer support
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and contribute as a team player
- Strong knowledge of internet technology and fundamental components
- Working knowledge of networking and TCP/IP protocols
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL database platforms
- Familiarity with speech recognition applications
- Data warehouses
- Windows CE
Voxware is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive health insurance plan, 401(k) plan, paid time off, and a flexible work environment.
You must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.