Increase operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
As readers have dramatically changed the way they engage with the written word, publishers have been forced to react with new capabilities, technologies and flexibility. Consumers and bookstores don’t tolerate out-of-stock conditions. To deliver an exceptional customer experience, organizations – and their distribution centers in particular – must realize the highest levels of precision, operational efficiency and speedy responsiveness. The kind that builds strong, long-term business relationships.
Publishers grapple with issues ranging from competition and product obsolescence to choosing the right delivery method at the right stage in a book’s life cycle. This calls for real-time data analytics, specific to the publishing supply chain. For example, by analyzing the latest data on promotion plans, sales orders, printing runs and fulfillment plans, distribution managers can match staffing levels to product demand and avoid overtime costs. And by linking Warehouse Management and Transportation Management Systems data with traffic and weather reports, operations can better meet same- and next-day delivery targets.
Advance the customer experience with Voxware® VMS.
Raise customer lifetime value and your profitability with Voxware’s proven voice capabilities.
- Near-perfect accuracy. Easily achieve 99.9+% picking accuracy and provide customers with the kind of service levels that generate lifetime loyalty.
- Efficiency even in harsh environments. Voice recognition is not a problem, even in the noisiest facilities (view the Bertrams video). Selectors work fast and hands-free on a variety of tasks: receive, move, put away, pick, pack, pick and pass, and load, plus cycle counting/stock taking, replenishment.
- Agile fulfillment. Collapse the time between the order and delivery of needed books. Aggregating voice prompts and responses can accelerate selector productivity and help reduce overtime. Plus, real-time insights into pick rates mean you can improve productivity by assigning pace rates to various items.
- Support for customers' business models. Employ omnichannel fulfillment, including timely e-commerce deliveries direct to individuals, while meeting time-sensitive requirements of various booksellers, markets and retailers.
- Fast adaptability. Quickly integrate your voice solution and accommodate changes across your organization's WMS and TMS software, facilities, hardware systems and processes.
Drive real-time supply chain decisions with Intellestra®.
Give managers and supervisors a real-time view of data from diverse supply chain sources.
- Single platform insights. Easily see sales forecasts, labor allocations, transportation data, shipping manifests, proofs of delivery and more, all in one place. Better resolve issues such as the labor resources needed to handle seasonal and monthly or daily staffing irregularities.
- Ready accessibility. Decision makers at all levels of the enterprise can access and benefit from data never before available. For example, transportation managers can combine live traffic feeds with real-time delivery data and dynamically reroute drivers to meet sudden changes in demand.
- Descriptive analytics. By analyzing supply chain events, you can learn exactly what occurred, such as costly inventory outages and overages, and why they happened so you can avert future problems or make timely improvements.
- Streamlined predictive modeling. Based on previous book sales, order patterns and promotional requirements, better predict future fulfillment levels and make business decisions accordingly. For example, model several scenarios of where specific SKUs should be slotted in the warehouse, then choose the most efficient locale to help drive on-time deliveries and meet delivery targets.
What makes our solutions different?
Simply put, Voxware solutions enable you to deliver more accurately and adapt more efficiently by having essential information, exactly when and where you need it.
“The Voxware system has proven to be even more valuable than we originally thought. Now we can’t imagine how we got by without it.”
Randy Voss, Director of Distribution