Senior Software Developer
Location: Waltham, MA
Voxware is looking for a senior-level Software Developer to help turn an ambitious product roadmap into a fantastic customer experience! If you’re interested in challenging problems and significant product ownership, and making an immediate impact, you’re in the right place.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, a strong object-oriented developer with experience working with cloud microservices architectures, REST APIs and streaming data.
Our products and projects are Java-heavy, so solid experience with the language and ecosystem is preferred. We do run on Android clients, so Android programming (or eagerness to learn it) would be a nice plus.
Technologies you will encounter across our stack include:
- HTML / CSS
- Mobile-first design
Data Storage and Streaming
- SQL Server
- Apache Kafka
- STOMP and WebSockets
- Progressive Web Applications
- J2EE stack (Spring, Hibernate)
A little more about you, the ideal candidate:
You have had demonstrable design and coding input into commercial software products of significant scale.
You have excellent troubleshooting skills at the software and systems levels, and are able to independently research solutions.
You’re a fast learner, able to achieve productivity in new tools, APIs, languages, and platforms quickly.
You’re a veteran of multiple software development cycles, with experience in:
- Interpreting business and functional requirements.
- Providing sound, informed estimates for development tasks
- Designing complex software – choosing algorithms, data structures, and programming constructs, languages, and tools to fit the problem you’re trying to solve.
- Modeling data.
- Writing correct, maintainable, well-documented and commented code, and reviewing others’ code.
- Unit testing, especially with JUnit. Also functional and integration testing.
- Using source control and versioning systems. (We use git.)
- Building, packaging, and releasing code with clear and detailed release notes. We build with Gradle and Maven.
You’re familiar with computer networking, and understand multi-threaded development and concurrency, ideally using Java.
You’re able to communicate clearly – verbally and in writing – and work effectively with colleagues across the company, vendors, and customers.
You’re a lifelong learner with a passion for technology and for finding better ways to do things.
- For our collegial work environment, where you’ll trade ideas every day – and in our occasional fun hackathons – with technophiles like yourself.
- For the opportunity to fit new technology into our product where it works best. If you’ve got ideas, we’ll listen.
- For our commitment to education and professional development.
- For our flexible work-remotely policy; you’ll have an office and plenty of opportunities for face time, but also a company laptop and the ability to create great software from anywhere.
- To be part of a market-leading product and a commitment to innovation.
- For competitive compensation and benefits, including stock options.
This position will be based in Voxware’s Waltham, MA office. Occasional travel to our Princeton, NJ office may be requested. Remote work is a possibility for the right person.
You must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.