Senior Solution Engineer
Location: Waltham, MA or Hamilton, NJ
Voxware is looking for a Senior Solution Engineer who will build applications for our customers in a Java stack using our Voice Management Suite platform.
This is a high-visibility technical role, and you will take ownership of customers and their Voxware applications. This is a fantastic fit for a problem-solver who enjoys using soft as well as hard skills, and variety from day to day.
The Solution Architect will report to the Vice President of R&D. This is a full-time, permanent role, for immediate hire.
Some of the biggest names in retail rely on Voxware every day. Would you like to be able to say that your code is getting their products out to stores and homes?
Voxware is a dynamic, professional, fast-paced company where all employees play key roles in the company’s success. The average employee has been with Voxware around 8 years, and many have been with us nearly 20 years. People like working here!
Voxware offers competitive compensation and benefits and a flexible work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review requirements, scope incoming projects, and develop work estimates in cooperation with QA engineers, engineering management, and Client Services
- Visit customer sites, build relationships, and come to a deep understanding of their supply chain workflows and their particular challenges (about 10% travel, mostly domestic)
- Assist the Project Manager in the creation of the Customer Success Document (CSD) for customer projects, usually by adding technical detail
- Code and test customer business logic and external interfaces in a Java- and VXML-based technical stack
- Track project tasks, status, and deliverables using JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence
- Support projects during QA testing and after delivery
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Good working knowledge of algorithms and data structures such as finite state machines
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, a fast and eager learner
- Experience in Android development and with analytics are pluses
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills as you will be representing Voxware to our customers
- Ability to design and develop for performance, including appropriate use of parallelism
- Commitment to software best practices, including code commenting, version control, documentation, and unit testing
- Time management skills and the ability to work independently
Knowledge of the warehousing / supply chain / logistics industry is a huge plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.